Thursday 18 June 2015

#12 Top 40 Inspirational Quotes

1. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh

2. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. –Aristotle

3. Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. –Jesus

4. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. –Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined. –Henry David Thoreau

6. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me. –Erma Bombeck


7. Few things can help an individual more than to place responsibility on him, and to let him know that you trust him.  –Booker T. Washington

8. Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart. – Ancient Indian Proverb

9. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. –Theodore Roosevelt

10. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. –George Addair

11. We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

12. Teach thy tongue to say, “I do not know,” and thous shalt progress. –Maimonides

13. Start where you are. Use what you have.  Do what you can. –Arthur Ashe

14. When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down ‘happy’.  They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. –John Lennon

15. Fall seven times and stand up eight. –Japanese Proverb

16. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. –Helen Keller

17. Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see. –Confucius

18. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. –Anne Frank

19. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. –Lao Tzu

20. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. –Maya Angelou

12. Happiness is not something readymade.  It comes from your own actions. –Dalai Lama

22. If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on. –Sheryl Sandberg

23. First, have a definite, clear practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end. –Aristotle

24. If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. –Latin Proverb

25. You can’t fall if you don’t climb.  But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground. –Unknown

26. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. –Marie Curie

27. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. –Les Brown

28. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. –Joshua J. Marine

29. If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. –Booker T. Washington

30. I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. –Leonardo da Vinci

31. Limitations live only in our minds.  But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. –Jamie Paolinetti

32. You take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing, no one to blame. –Erica Jong

33. What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. –Bob Dylan

34. I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong. –Benjamin Franklin

35. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. –Bill Cosby

36. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein

37. The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

38. There are no traffic jams along the extra mile. –Roger Staubach

39. It is never too late to be what you might have been. –George Eliot

40. You become what you believe. –Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment